Felix + iris is announcing the launch of their eyewear brand which will allow customers to choose & order a customized frame through their website.
By following a nice step-by-step wizard, you will get recommended frames for your specific style and optical needs with a variety of options.
You can also order a “Fit Kit”, a box with four frames to try on at home for free, together with some style + eyewear advice to help through your decisions.
We will try that soon.
Full press announcement below.
Introducing felix + iris
New prescription eyewear e-retailer builds personalized
shopping experience to help customers find right fit
GREENWOOD, IND. (Sept. 16, 2014): felix + iris, the first prescription eyewear brand dedicated to helping consumers find the right fit online, launched today at felixandiris.com.
Combining proprietary technology and customer data, felix + iris delivers a personalized shopping experience for customers to find that right fit – a pair that looks great, feels comfortable and meets their vision needs.
“felix + iris was created to solve a problem in the market: No eyewear retailer has built a shopping experience around getting fit right for each customer,” Randy Stocklin, felix + iris co-founder, said. “Our promise is to deliver the perfect pair of glasses for each individual customer and to ensure that all glasses wearers, regardless of age or vision, can experience the convenience and affordability of buying online.”
Stocklin added that the felix + iris team will improve its shopping experience over time by not only listening to customer feedback, but also tracking the customer experience. Collecting new data points will continue to ensure the team has the best understanding of what elements impact a customer’s “right fit.”
At the heart of the felix + iris experience is a customer’s “My f + i,” a personal store driven by an algorithm that selects the best glasses for each customer. The store’s selection is curated using data collected from the Fit Profile, a short quiz referencing face shape, style preferences, vision and lifestyle needs.
The felix + iris experience additionally includes:
- Free At-Home Try-On: A “Fit Kit” that features four selected frames, helpful fit tools, expert style and eyewear advice, as well as priority access to an exclusive customer support line.
- Virtual Try-On: Online technology that allows customers to virtually see specific frames on their faces by uploading photos or connecting via webcam.
- Prescription Verification: A guarantee that felix + iris representatives verify all prescriptions before processing orders, as a courtesy to customers.
- Fit Promise: A 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy that allows customers to ship their glasses back for free, for a full refund.
- Expert Advice: The felix + iris team has nearly 10 years of experience selling eyewear. Style and vision consultants, including an in-house certified optician, work directly with customers to ensure frames fit and lenses meet their unique optical needs.
Styles and Pricing
felix + iris offers straightforward pricing, with no “gotchas.” All frames are available at a flat-rate price, depending on lens type – $119 for single-vision, $249 for bifocals and $299 for progressives or trifocals. Features like UV protection, scratch resistance and anti-reflective coating come standard on every pair at no additional cost.
Currently, the site features 140 high-quality frame styles that will be updated regularly to reflect eyewear trends and customer preferences.
More information can be found at www.felixandiris.com.
About felix + iris
In 2005, husband and wife Randy and Angie Stocklin began selling eyewear out of their 10-by-12 foot home office. Today, their Greenwood, Ind.-based company has grown to include three eyewear brands: felixandiris.com, Readers.com and SunglassWarehouse.com.
felix + iris is the only online prescription eyewear retailer dedicated to helping customers find the right fit – a pair that looks great, feels comfortable on their face and meets all of their vision needs.